… and I left with too many questions.
- What was the beginning about? I didn’t understand any detail of it.
- Why did mohawk guy become a slightly-mutated, killing creature? Why did the other guy just die? Why did Holloway just get sick?
- Why did the crew need to believe that Weyland was dead?
- Why did the Engineer freak out on David?
- Was Vickers a robot? She has sex with Janek.
- Why is there a giant alien mural carved in the Engineer’s spaceship?
- If the gestation period of the aliens is around one day, how long do they live? Three months?
- Movies don’t have time for extraneous stuff. Why show Vickers nuzzling Weyland’s knuckles with her nose?
Though I enjoy thinking and discussing such questions, I didn’t feel compelled to give this film that much time.
On the other hand, however, if your film needs this much theorizing and discussion to understand, you probably missed your mark.
If Ridley Scott intended this to be part of a series, he could have told us.