Maybe Google bought Motorola because Google is desperate.
- Google is being sued by Oracle over Google’s use of Java in Android. And it seems Oracle will win.
- Microsoft makes $5 for every HTC android phone. (Every one!). Microsoft is negotiating to get $15 for every Samsung android phone sold.
- Apple has blocked the sale of several Android tablets in a number of countries.
- Google bid a lot of money on the Nortel patents.
- Google buys Motorola for a ton of money… after losing the Nortel patents
Could Google be desperate that all their (admitted) copying has caught up to them? Is it possible that the Motorola buy was not planned or part of a strategy to move into hardware manufacturing, but that it was a sweaty-desperate move to keep Android alive?